Date: 5 & 6 October 2013
Venue: Blue Hills Equestrian Estate, Kyalami, Johannesburg
Depending on whether your taste buds rule the roost or your ear drums call the shots, Delicious is a music festival for food lovers or a food festival for music lovers. Set on the rolling green lawns of Blue Hills Equestrian Estate in Kyalami, the festival seems to offer something for everyone and is being brought to life by big-name sponsors like DStv, Checkers, Ocean Basket, Sunday Times and The Sowetan.
For foodies, the Delicious festival offers some tasty options to choose from:
- Craft your own picnic selection from the artisan food market and relax over a bite on the lawn.
- Explore the Checkers Food Experience (sounds intriguing).
- Watch the DStv Celebrity Chef cook-offs live.
- Wrap your chopsticks around some seafood goodness at the Ocean Basket Sushi Bar.
- Join the queue at three international pop-up restaurants featuring the talents of top UK celebrity chefs Aldo Zilli (San Carlo Cicchetti restaurant), Ed Baines (Randal and Aubin) and John Burton-Race (The John Burton-Race Experience). Enjoy fine cuisine in a setting that emulates the chefs’ iconic UK restaurants, with a prime view across the festival picnic lawn and main stage.
For music lovers, the day is jam-packed with entertainment:
The lineup is quite impressive. As the main act, Jamiroquai will keep festival goers tapping their toes, supported by some of South Africa’s best entertainment: Lira, Prime Circle, Danny K, Mi Casa, Khuli Chana, BlackByrd and Household Funk. Additional stages include an Unplugged area and Deep House Experience.
Ready to go?
If you’re planning on taking young ones along, there’s even a special spot for them. The Delicious festival will keep them entranced, happy and entertained in the DStv Kids Zone.
Get your tickets at Computicket before they’re all sold out. And they will be. Soon.
Don’t forget to Tweet us!
Tweet your pics of the event to us at @foodiescoza and we’ll share the most delectable shots right here for everyone else to drool over. That’s what foodie friends are for!